Forum Name: Tejpal, A.D.
Forum Description: A.D. Tejpal's Library
URL: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=105
Printed Date: 20 Oct 2017 at 2:58am

Topic: Form_HighLightUpdatedFields.mdb
Posted By: A.D. Tejpal
Subject: Form_HighLightUpdatedFields.mdb
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 10:25pm
This sample db enables the user to identify at a glance as to which fields in which 
records have been updated in the current data entry session. The most demanding 
scenario is that of a datasheet form. The objective is achieved through run time 
manipulation of format conditions. 

The db incorporates following features:
    (a) On opening the form, all display is normal - no highlights yet.
    (b) Fresh records added in current session get highlighted in light blue back 
         color, with bold font in black forecolor.
    (c) Any cell (i.e. given field on given record) updated for the first time in current 
         session, gets highlighted in light orange back color, with bold font in dark red 
         forecolor.
    (d) Any cell (i.e. given field on given record) updated more than once in current 
         session, gets highlighted in light pink back color, with bold font in dark red 
         forecolor.
    (e) At any stage, if so desired, all highlights can be removed (signifying the start 
         of next session), by clicking the command button captioned "Remove 
         Highlights"
    (f) On closing the form, it starts with a clean slate (i.e. no highlights), when 
        opened next time. Fresh highlights take effect progressively, as and when 
        fields are updated in the new session.

Download Access 2K/XP/2K3: http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/uploads/37/Form_HighLightUpdatedFields.zip - uploads/37/Form_HighLightUpdatedFields.zip

-------------
--

Email: mailto:adtejpal@gmail.com - adtejpal@gmail.com

Print Page | Close Window