Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Please consider donating $1 per sample downloaded, find out why here. If downloading multiple samples, please donate once for all of them.
Amazon Honor System  Click Here
to Pay Learn More
Access-L Off Topic Forum (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 RAL Forums : Access-L Off Topic Forum
Subject Topic: Refinancing! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Rog3erc
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 06 October 2003 at 11:35am | IP Logged Quote Rog3erc

Here is a strange one.  This is actual spam I received on my AOL account.  The funny thing is that this the Wolverine World Wide's (maker of Hush Puppies and my former employer) real address and phone number!

Hush Puppies,

Our records indicate that Puppies family residence has been Pre-Qualified for rates from 4.9% - 5.7%* 30 YR Fixed.

Residential Property Information - Reservation # = SCC69-6645-00845

Property Owner: Hush Puppies
Physical Address:

9341 Courtland Dr NE
Rockford, MI 49351-0001
Phone Number: (616) 866-5500

The following monthly payment examples have been prepared for your property.

Amount Monthly Payment
$100,000 $575.97
$200,000 $1,151.94
$500,000 $2,879.86

No out of pocket closing costs; Easy qualifier - Slow or none payment history OK; Maximum cashout for any reason; 4 out of 5 people approved in most cases.

Click Here Now For a 1 Minute Quick Quote.

Thank You,

Evita Sherman
American Refinance Group

Guests

Posted: 06 October 2003 at 4:30pm | IP Logged Quote Guests

The sooner we get legislation to shoot spammers the better. I hate the idea that someone is gathering gratuitous data about me and regurgitating it at some later date.

I mean, this isn't just random, somewhere they're linking YOU with Hush Puppies... who, BTW, make very nice shoes. At this very moment I'm wearing a pair of black leather HP boots that I bought in SA. Yeah yeah I know, image and all that, one day I'll add the rest of the black leather outfit...

Jenni
Back to Top View Guests's Profile Search for other posts by Guests Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

LaurenH
Access_L
Access_L

Posted: 06 October 2003 at 4:42pm | IP Logged Quote LaurenH

It's testimony to the fact that at the moment, it isn't worth spammers' while to be too painstaking in cleaning their data.

While current thinking seems to be that charging e-postage will nearly eliminate this sort of thing, the volume of scattershot junk mail that I get in my mailbox leads me to a pessimistic outlook. But if it cuts spam down to 3-5 items per day, that would probably be a big improvement.

I wouldn't know for sure because I only get 1-2 spams per week. This is because my email provider is so fanatical about this that many of my friends and associates can't get email through to me!

NancyMcLaughlin
Access_L
Access_L
TWIG

Posted: 06 October 2003 at 5:27pm | IP Logged Quote NancyMcLaughlin

jennik wrote:
<SNIP>
I mean, this isn't just random, somewhere they're linking YOU with Hush Puppies... <SNIP>
Jenni

It's funny cause that's where Mr. Carlson used to work!

N

Guests

Posted: 06 October 2003 at 6:44pm | IP Logged Quote Guests

Prezackerly.

J
Back to Top View Guests's Profile Search for other posts by Guests Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version