Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Please consider donating $1 per sample downloaded, find out why here. If downloading multiple samples, please donate once for all of them.
Amazon Honor System  Click Here
to Pay Learn More
Access-L Off Topic Forum (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 RAL Forums : Access-L Off Topic Forum
Subject Topic: It’s a - BABY! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Guests

Posted: 16 November 2003 at 4:34pm | IP Logged Quote Guests

We heard last night that Fran's (my partner) sister had a baby. She's disappointed with what she got so she's not telling anyone what it is.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe that my wonderful, gentle, sweeet-natured man comes from the same family as this selfish little &*(@(*^

Sorry, I just had to vent.

Oh, and apparently it has all its fingers and toes and is healthy, but apparently this is not enough to be thankful for.

Jenni
Back to Top View Guests's Profile Search for other posts by Guests Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

LaurenH
Access_L
Access_L

Posted: 19 November 2003 at 8:09pm | IP Logged Quote LaurenH

What the? Seriously? Post-partum silliness?

Guests

Posted: 20 November 2003 at 3:36pm | IP Logged Quote Guests

Just her normal silliness. I think she watches too much Coronation Street/ Shortland Street / <insert name of other popular inane soap opera here>

Well we've now been told that it's a boy. I suppose I shall have to go and visit it and risk going all clucky!

Jenni
Back to Top View Guests's Profile Search for other posts by Guests Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Rog3erc
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 20 November 2003 at 3:40pm | IP Logged Quote Rog3erc

A boy -- whew!  I was afraid it was going to be something out of the X-Files.

LaurenH
Access_L
Access_L

Posted: 20 November 2003 at 4:08pm | IP Logged Quote LaurenH

jennik wrote:

Well we've now been told that it's a boy. I suppose I shall have to go and visit it and risk going all clucky!

Jenni

Occupational hazard. Take a deep breath, and then unto the breach with you!

(Roger: LOL! That was my thought, too.)

Vombatus
Access_L
Access_L

Posted: 24 November 2003 at 5:34pm | IP Logged Quote Vombatus

jennik wrote:
I think she watches too much Coronation Street/ Shortland Street / <insert name of other popular inane soap opera here>

Jenni

Does anyone outside of NZ watch Shortland Street? It was shown here on Kangaroo Island a while back (on our TV station dedicated to foreign language programming), but alas, it is no longer shown.

Not that I am suggesting that aussie soap operas are less inane, of course

John
Back to Top View Vombatus's Profile Search for other posts by Vombatus Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Guests

Posted: 24 November 2003 at 9:48pm | IP Logged Quote Guests

John

I can't imagine why people IN nz watch it so I doubt it's watched elsewhere!

I read an article once that suggested that people like to watch soapies because it makes them feel like they have lots of friends. My grandmother used to write books and magazine serialised stories, and I read a couple recently and got so CROSS with her, they were just the soapies of their time. And she was such a bright woman, she could have done so much better - instead she wrote pot-boilers because she needed to bolster the family income. I suppose I can only criticise AFTER I've had my first book published eh? :)

J

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version