Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Please consider donating $1 per sample downloaded, find out why here. If downloading multiple samples, please donate once for all of them.
Amazon Honor System  Click Here
to Pay Learn More
Access 97, 2000, 2002 (XP) (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 RAL Forums : Access 97, 2000, 2002 (XP)
Subject Topic: Import Data from Excel VBA Application Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Rohini

Posted: 01 November 2004 at 1:43pm | IP Logged Quote Rohini

Hi,

I have an application that has macros built in for an Application in Excel 2002.

For the same forms in Excel I am designing using Access 2002. Now I have to import the input data coming in excel Application into Access Database and show the data in a form for further updations/additions.

Can anyone please help me with how to deal with this. Please reply soon. Its a bit urgent.

Rog3erc
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 01 November 2004 at 3:44pm | IP Logged Quote Rog3erc

You can Link an Excel spreadsheet into Access as a Table.  Go to File>Get External Data > Link Table.  In the file type list, you can choose Excel, then browse to the file you want.  You can view and modify the information in this linked spreadsheet just like any other table.

Rohini

Posted: 01 November 2004 at 4:14pm | IP Logged Quote Rohini

Hi,

Thank You for your reply! The excel sheet contains combination of text fields, combo boxes, list, command buttons etc. and the data is displayed against each text lable (VBA Application).

So, When i link the excel file and write a query, the data looks something like this:

Input1
F3 F4
Contract Description Emitter

Contract Type New

Requestor's Name Rafael Gutierrez

Directors Name Craig Kelly

Now How do I represent this data in a single row in a temp table so that I can import it into another table and show in a form for further additions/modifications.

Rog3erc
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 02 November 2004 at 10:33am | IP Logged Quote Rog3erc

I see.  This is much more compliated.  Ordinarily, data is stored in a spreadsheet as in a table, that is with all the data for a single record in the same row.  With this setup, you could simply link it as I mentioned.

I guess, if it were me, I'd save the spreadsheet as a comma delimited text file (.csv) and import the data to a temp file.

In the Library section of this site, there are several samples which illustrate how to import text files into Access tables.  Mostly they start with "Import" or "Update".  None of them are precisely on point, but if you study them carefully, they should get you started.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version